Lapsi Recipe is a different in taste and healthy dish. Roasted Broken Wheat cooked with milk, flavored with cardamom powder and garnished with almond and raisins.
- Broken Wheat - 1 cup
- Hot Water as needed -
- Chopped Almond - 2-3 tbsp
- Sugar as per taste - 3/4 cup
- Raisin - 15 nos.
- Cardamom Powder - 1 tbsp
- Desi Ghee ( clarified butter) - 3/4 cup
- Heat the ghee in a pan on medium flame, add the broken wheat.
- Fry it till it turns little golden brown.
- Add hot water, cook till most of the water has evaporated and add more water if the wheat is not tender enough.
- Add the sugar, ghee and 1/2 cup water.
- Stir continuously and cook on a low flame for 8-10 minutes.
- Garnish with almonds and raisins.
- Serve hot lapsi.