Lauki Ki Barfi Recipe is made by using lauki-bottle gourd, mawa, sugar and dry fruits. It is very popular North Indian dish and is liked by all ages groups. People often make it during festivals like Diwali, Religious Fast like Navaratri. This is also called Bottle Gourd Fudge.
- Grated Lauki (Bottle Gourd/ Doodhi/ Ghia) - 3 cup
- Sugar - 2 cup
- Mawa - 1 cup
- Desi Ghee ( clarified butter) - 1 cup
- Raisin - 1 tbsp
- Chopped Kaju - 1 tbsp
- Grated Coconut - 1/2 cup
- Magaz ( musk melon seeds) - 1 tbsp
- Heat the ghee in a heavy bottom pan, add grated bottle gourd.
- Reduce the flame and cook till the water has almost evaporated.
- Add the sugar and cook further till the mixture become thick.
- while cooking, keep stirring continuously to avoid burning.
- Add the mawa or khoya and mix well.
- Remove from flame and pour in a well greased plate.
- Smoothen the top level and garnish with raisins, kaju, grated coconut and magaz.
- Press the top level lightly and allow to cool in refrigerate about 1 hour.
- Cut into square or diamond shape.